Metro Tunnel Rail System Rail System Alliance, VIC
Slattery was engaged by Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) to undertake an independent review of the Melbourne Trains Metro dual Target Cost Estimates (TCE) produced for the two proponents for the Rail Systems Alliances. Our services were to undertake the independent estimator role on behalf of MTM for one of the proponents to assess whether it fully captured the scope of the work and provided value for money to
the Victorian Government.
The Metro tunnel includes:
– Twin 9km tunnels from South Kensington to South Yarra as part of the new Sunshine – Dandenong line with tunnel entrances at South Kensington and South Yarra
– 5 new underground stations
– High capacity signalling from Watergardens to Dandenong
– Automatic train supervision between Sunbury & Pakenham East
– A new train/tram interchange at Domain.
The programme of work includes:
– Designing and developing the central system for the newly created line – including HCS, conventional
signalling upgrades and modifications, communication system, platform screen doors, train control and certain operational control systems
– Undertaking civil works required for the rail systems
– System integration and end-to-end commissioning.