Slattery is committed to conducting business in a sustainable manner and strives to regularly identify, review and assess the environmental impacts of our business operations, and to assist our clients in reducing the environmental impact of their projects. We strive to incorporate quality improvements including sustainable solutions into each of our client’s projects.
We have worked on many award-winning projects that have implemented environmentally sustainable design solutions including Green Star, PassivHaus, WELS, WELL and NABERS rating and certification systems. In working with design teams to achieve ESD solutions within a project, Slattery research and price various options to enable good decisions to be made that take into account the value and cost of each design feature; allowing transparent discussion on each initiative’s merit and achieving value for money via an integrated design approach.
This is important for any project, contributing to a leading position for Australia in the global move towards sustainable societies.
Slattery will work with clients to further develop sustainability goals and targets for their project and cost assessments of environmental options, allowing them to maximise their sustainability performance.
Slattery has operated a Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory in line with ISO 14064 since 2008. This assists us in targeting reductions in our business emissions per employee.
We are currently developing an Environmental Management System (EMS) in line with ISO 14001.
Slattery targets continuous improvement to minimise the environmental impact of our business and has implemented the following measures:
- identification and adoption of office energy efficiency management practices and technologies
- a company car share scheme
- support of staff cycling to work including the provision of shower and changing facilities
- adoption of inter-office video conferencing where possible to minimise air travel
- minimisation of office paper usage through double-sided printing and usage benchmarking
- recycling of office paper and waste
- review of the environmental credentials of office consumables with priority given to
- good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) certified products
- education of our staff in improved environmental practice and project work Integration of sustainability into our project services and deliverables
We regularly review our activities, which has the full support of Slattery’s Directors and staff.